Building your new home can be a very rewarding experience, however it can also be very overwhelming between reading plans and feeling like you’re making decisions on gut-instinct. By visiting display homes, you can walk through different home designs and be inspired to make more informed decisions for your new home.
Make the most of your visit to the Thornhill Park display village by following these three simple tips:
Tip #1: Pack your toolkit
It’s important to be prepared for your visit and bring the essentials to help you as you navigate between a range of builders and home designs:
- Your fully-charged smartphone with camera to take photos of things that inspire you. It’s a good idea to take a photo of the blade sign at the front of the home before snapping photos of things you like, so you know which home you want to revisit later
- A measuring tape to measure spaces and identify if your furniture will fit
- A paper and pen for traditional note-taking
- Your list of must-haves and nice-to-haves for your new home so you can add new things or cross them off as you explore different designs
- Plenty of snacks and refreshments – don’t underestimate the amount of sustenance you’ll need to inspect display homes!
Tip #2: Collect information and ask questions
It might be exciting to grab every home brochure, but to ensure you don’t get overwhelmed by choices, only take brochures from the homes that you were really inspired by. If you like something about a particular design, make notes on the floorplan so you can be reminded when you look at the brochure at a later time.
Also, don’t forget that the builders are there to answer any questions you may have. They’re the experts and can give you information on designs, pricing, materials used, and build time frames. They have lots of free information to help your decision making, so make the most of their expertise.
Tip #3: Don’t let your heart lead your mind
Building a home is a very emotional journey, and it’s easy to get excited by new ideas and the latest design trends you see in display homes. However, it’s important to be rational throughout the process to ensure the choices you’re making are for the right reasons. While looking at home designs and assessing their suitability for your new home, ask yourself:
- Is the floorplan functional for my needs?
- Will this home fit on my block?
- What customisations can I make to the floorplan?
- Am I happy with the quality of the build?
It’s important to take all the time you need and not rush the process. Enjoy the experience and remember you can revisit the homes another time.
The Thornhill Park display village is open daily from 12pm – 5pm with a range of home designs from Australia’s leading home builders.